Love it or hate it?

Since the aim of this blog is to inspire and capture people's imagination, I'm starting as I mean to go on with the most gourmet of all gourmet meals....Marmite Spaghetti!

It might sound like an odd combination and I certainly went into it with more than a pinch of scepticism but, reassured by the knowledge that a Nigella concoction is rarely disappointing, as well as the fact I had nothing in my cupboards and wanted a quick foodie fix, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Surprise to say, the results are pretty damn tasty - add a little creme fraiche to make a creamy, comforting pasta dinner (with a hint of twiglet taste) or sprinkle liberally with grated cheddar and you have the Italian equivalent of a marmite and cheese toastie.


Ingredients:
You can make this up as you go along and add more or less marmite to taste, but you need roughly:
- Spaghetti or tagliatelle, cook as per pack instructions
- 1 tsp marmite per person and a knob of butter/swig of olive oil to stir through the cooked pasta
- Grated cheddar to sprinkle on top, or creme fraiche or mascarpone to stir through
- And if you're as messy as me when it comes to spaghetti, several napkins

If you're a marmite lover this is the perfect quick standby supper - and if you're a marmite hater then why are you still reading?

Comments

  1. I... LOVE it. I will, most certainly, be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch that this is delicious! (even more so in Alison's hands...)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts